The Village of Calumet was incorporated in 1875 when it was the center of the copper mining industry in North America. As the community grew, the Town Hall was built in 1886; and in 1898, with a huge surplus in the treasury, it was decided that an opera house was needed to serve the community. At that time the village had a population of approximately 4000 and more than 30,000 lived within walking distance.
|Keweenaw Brewfest - date TBA||Early Sep||Kestner Waterfront Park|
|Winter Carnival||Early Feb||Michigan Tech|
|Bridge Fest - Cancelled due to COVID-19||Mid Jun||Ray Kestner Waterfront Park|
|Keweenaw End of the road Cruise||Mid Jul||Campioni True Value|
|Keweenaw Summer Celebration Body, Mind & Spirit Art||Early Aug||Lions Park|
|Keweenaw Summer Celebration||Early Aug||Lions Park|