Mark your calendar for this 37th annual juried show to be held on August 8 and 9, 2020. The fair, which is co-hosted by Shelby Township and the Art Fair Committee and the Shelby Township Parks and Recreation Department and supported by generous sponsors, provides a great experience for over 15,000 visitors who come from near and far each year to enjoy the weekend’s festivities. This includes over 100 artists and artisans, crafters, and Michigan made market vendors. There is also tasty food, musical entertainment, a kid’s craft and activity area, and more.
The Art Fair Committee is excited to announce that in 2020 the fair will be held at the beautiful River Bends Park. Entry and parking is free at this new location which provides a larger area for exhibitors and entertainment, nearly double the number of parking spaces in the lot at the park, and additional free parking nearby with convenient free shuttle buses. This lovely park with plenty of mature trees, flat grassy areas, and three pavilions has been a favorite place to hold special events for years.
Around the Grounds
• Over 100 exhibits from local, regional and national artists and crafters, plus a Michigan Made Market
• Live Music – Sponsored by Genisys Credit Union
• Monster Mural Interactive Art for All Ages - Sponsored by Christian Financial Credit Union
• Free Crafts and Bouncers at the Kid’s Craft & Activity Corner
• Participation by the Shelby Township Police and Fire Departments
• Recycled Art Competition - Hosted by the Shelby Township Solid Waste & Recycling Committee
• Shelby-Macomb Kiwanis Aktion Club Craft Fundraiser
River Bends Park is located at 5700 22 Mile Road, between Shelby and Ryan Roads and the fair hours are Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.